This Summer Corn Salad was inspired by the lovely salads a friend of ours has been serving us lately with beautiful fresh produce and handfuls of fresh herbs from her garden. So I tossed together a few odds and ends from the fridge and some dill – which pairs so well with the cucumber – and then some mint cut from my porch planter. I focused on keeping to greens and yellows for a beautiful fresh look.
It’s my favourite new salad of the season! This summer corn salad came together on a whim this weekend to accompany vegan vegetable lasagna. I wanted a bit of protein with some beans and had a couple ears of corn in the fridge as well as dill leftover from making potato salad earlier in the week.
I tossed it right before serving what has become our ‘house dressing’ – simply equal parts oil and apple cider vinegar, half a part maple syrup with a tablespoon to Dijon mustard (taken from the Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentil Salad)
It’s filled with flavours of summer – sweet summer corn and fresh garden herbs. We served it again on Sunday and I’m sure it’ll make an appearance again soon for a weekend BBQ.
I’m already of how delish this summer corn salad will be for lunch this week alongside the next batch of sour dough!
Summer Corn Salad with Navy Beans and Dill
- 1 HEAD BABY ROMAINE LETTUCE Chopped
- 1 EAR CORN ON THE COB Blanched and kernels sliced from the cob
- 1/2 ENGLISH CUCUMBER Quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 YELLOW BELL PEPPER Chopped
- 1/2 7 OZ CAN NAVY BEANS Drained and rinsed
- 1/4 CUP FRESH MINT Chopped
- 1/4 CUP FRESH DILL Chopped
- 1/4 CUP CLAIRE'S HOUSE DRESSING
- 1/3 CUP Canola Oil
- 1/3 CUP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1/4 CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 TBSP GRAINY DIJON MUSTARD
- Bring a frying pan with 1/2 inch of water to a boil and cook corn until tender crisp and bright yellow. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop remaining ingredients and add to a large bowl.
- Use pairing knife to slice kernels off of the corn cobs. Add to bowl.
- In a mason jar (or other preferred jar) mix dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with 1/4 cup of the dressing and serve.